FLINDERS LEGAL ADVICE CLINIC
Flinders Legal Advice Clinic is operated by the College of Business, Government and Law.
Our Clinic is staffed by law students under the supervision of qualified legal practitioners (primarily staff from Flinders Law).
We can provide assistance in many areas of law however we do not provide advice in relation to all areas of law.
Flinders Legal Advice Clinic can provide legal advice in relation to matters where the financial amount in dispute is not more than $12,000.
If you are involved in a dispute we can help you with:
- Options for resolving your dispute;
- Things you might have to do before lodging a claim with the Court;
- Preparing court documents;
- Explaining Court procedures;
- Referring you to other relevant agencies; or
- Managing your own claim.
We do not:
- Take over management of your claim for you; or
- Act as your lawyer or represent you in Court.
Our Clinic is a free service. You do not need to pay for appointments with us. We do not pay any costs associated with litigation or other processes. This means that you must pay for any of your own costs, including Court filing fees and costs of obtaining evidence or preparing for hearing.
All information that you provide to our Clinic is treated as confidential.
The Clinic operates on different days with interviews taking place at two venues. All appointments can be booked on this website.
- Cooinda clinic:
This clinic runs on a Thursday morning through the Cooinda Neighbourhood Centre located at 245 Sturt Road, Sturt (behind the Marion City Council Chambers) where there is ample parking. Various Metro buses also service the venue. Bus stop 29D on Sturt Road provides easy access.
This clinic can be accessed by any member of the public with preference given to residents from within the Marion City Council area.
- Campus clinic:
This clinic runs on a Wednesday morning at the Flinders University Student Association (“FUSA”) which is on Level 1, The Hub located on the Bedford Park campus (Reference J10 on the Campus Map). Parking is often difficult however both Car-Parks 1, 5 and 6 are nearby. The Hub is also close to Adelaide Metro bus services and the University Loop Bus service on Registry Road. This clinic can be accessed by any member of the public with preference given to Flinders University students.
We also operate a business-focused clinic at the Flinders University, Tonsley campus on Tuesday morning on a fortnightly basis. If you would like more information on this service or to book an appointment, please click here.
Appointments take 45 minutes. You can make more than one appointment if you need to. You can make an appointment using our online booking calendar, or alternatively:
- for the Cooinda clinic you can ask the Cooinda Neighbourhood Centre staff to make an appointment for you;
- for the Campus clinic you can ask the FUSA administrative staff to make an appointment for you; or
- for any clinic:
- you can call our voicemail-only telephone service on (08) 7421 9985 and leave your name, contact details and a brief description of the matter; or
- you can request an appointment by sending us an email (see address below).
We can only give legal advice once we have met with you. Please do not seek legal advice by email before you have made an appointment.
If you wish to use our service on these terms, CLICK HERE to make an appointment.